ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS
NOTICE: This is only a list of the ADDED requirements for minors. All other laws, rules, and requirements for marriage license still apply.
Parental Consent is not required.
BOTH APPLICANTS ARE 17 YEARS OF AGE
- The Juvenile Court files a Consent to Marriage for the Applicants. After 14 days have passed, the Applicants must present a Certified Copy of the Consent to Probate Court.
- A Pre-Marriage Counseling letter is required. This can be obtained through a licensed minister or a counseling agency. Note: If the letter is from a minister, it must be on the church letterhead or church stationary.
- US Government Issued Photo ID and Proof of Age is required. If a driver's license is not obtainable, then other types of ID are allowed.
ONE APPLICANT IS 17 YEARS OF AGE
- ALL OF THE ABOVE
- The other applicant to be joined in marriage cannot be more than Four Years older than the 17 year old applicant.
*Acceptable documents for proof of age:
- A copy of a birth record;
- A birth certificate issued by the department of health, a local registrar of vital statistics, or other public office charged with similar duties by the laws of another state, territory, or country;
- A baptismal record showing the person's date of birth;
- A passport;
- A license or permit to operate a motor vehicle as defined under section 4501.01 of the Revised Code;
- Any government- or school-issued identification card showing the person's date of birth;
- An immigration record showing the person's date of birth;
- A naturalization record showing the person's date of birth;
- A court record or any other document or record issued by a governmental entity showing the person's date of birth.