- BIRTH CORRECTION
- BIRTH REGISTRATION
- CIVIL COMMITMENT
- CIVIL PROCEEDINGS
- CUSTODIAL ACCOUNTS
- DELIVERY OF MINOR FUNDS
- DECLARATION OF PATERNITY
- ESTATE ADMINISTRATION
- MINOR SETTLEMENT
- ADULT WARD SETTLEMENT
- NAME CHANGE
- WILL DEPOSIT
- INVOLUNTARY TREATMENT FOR ALCOHOL & DRUGS ;
Instructions for Name Change
Do you have questions about Name Change? Click here to scroll to the FAQs.
Complete form packets for Name Changes
Below are pdf packets that contain all the forms required. Click to download.
Individual Forms for Name Changes
The following are a collection of the individual forms one may need for all case types.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions can arise while you are looking for the content that you need. The following are common questions that have often been posed to our office.
What are the Requirements for Changing/Conforming a Name?
A person desiring to change/conform his or her name must be a resident of Hamilton County for at least 60 days prior to the filing of an application, with this Court.
What is the Procedure for Changing/Conforming a Name?
- Obtain appropriate forms from the Probate Court. Complete the forms and file with the Probate Court and pay court costs. At the time of filing, a case number will be assigned and a hearing date will be set, if required.
- If a hearing is not required, you will receive your Court Order Changing/Conforming Name the same day you file the Application to Change/Conform Name.
- A certified copy of the birth certificate shall be presented to the Probate Court with the Application to Change/Conform Name of a Minor and Conform Name of Adult.
- If publication is required, your legal ad will be placed in a newspaper of general circulation in Hamilton County at least thirty (30) days prior to the hearing.
- Government Issued Documents are required for the conforming name. The conformed name must be one of the names used on at least one of the Government Issued Documents. Examples of these government issued documents are:
- State Issued ID
- Military Records
- Social Security Card
- Children's Birth Certificates
- Death Records
- Census Records
- Marriage License Records