Instructions for Delivery Of Minor Funds

Do you have questions about Delivery of Minor Funds? Click here to scroll to the FAQs.

Complete form packets for Delivery Of Minor Funds

Below are pdf packets that contain all the forms required. Click to download.

Individual Forms for Delivery Of Minor Funds

The following are a collection of the individual forms one may need for all case types.

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions can arise while you are looking for the content that you need. The following are common questions that have often been posed to our office.

Why do funds a minor is inheriting have to come through Court?

Whenever a minor is receiving funds from an inheritance from an estate, insurance policy (where minor is named beneficiary) or wrongful death settlement (where minor is recipient of wrongful death proceeds) and the amount is $25,000 or less, the application must be filed in Probate Court.

Can any of the monies be spent?

Only with Court authorization, and under limited circumstances only.

What kind of account needs to be set up?

An account in the sole name of minor to be released when they reach age 18 needs to be established.