- Birth Correction
- Birth Registration
- Civil Commitment
- Civil Proceedings
- Custodial Accounts
- Delivery Of Minor Funds
- Declaration of Paternity
- Estate Administration
- Minor Settlement
- Name Change
- Will Deposit
- Involuntary Treatment For Alcohol & Drugs
Instructions for Birth Correction
Complete form packets for Birth Corrections
Below are pdf packets that contain all the forms required for specific birth correction practices. Click to download.
Individual Forms for Birth Correction
The following are a collection of the individual forms one may need for all birth correction case types.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions can arise while you are looking for the content that you need. The following are common questions that have often been posed to our office.
What is the Procedure for Recording Unrecorded or Missing Birth Certificates?
- Submit to probate court an application for birth registration.
- Attach a letter indicating that a search has been made and no evidence can be found of a birth registration. If the birth occurred prior to December 20, 1908, the letter must be from the probate court of the county where the birth occurred. If the birth occurred after December 20, 1908, a letter must be obtained from the Ohio Department of Health, Division of Vital Statistics.
- Attach a letter of verification of birth such as an affidavit of the attending physician; affidavits of two (2) persons older than the applicant acquainted with facts concerning the birth, and if such are not obtainable, any combination of 4 pieces of documentary evidence, which will verify the facts set forth in the application, such as:
- School records
- Baptismal records
- Military records
- Employment records
- Hospital records
- Census records
- Insurance records
Notwithstanding the above requirements, the Probate Judge will give each application individual consideration.
What is the Procedure for Correcting a Birth Certificate?
- Submit to probate court an application to correct birth certificate.
- Attach a certified copy of birth certificate to be corrected.
- Attach evidence to verify correction -- similar to items submitted with application for birth registration listed in procedure for recording birth certificate (paragraph c, above). Use a Birth Certificate Worksheet from the hospital, if possible.